Monday, July 28, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure Mexican vanilla extract--or whatever you have
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups flour, 1¼ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 2 eggs with the whisk attachment on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
- Add ¾ cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
- Add vanilla and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
- Reduce mixer speed to medium/low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the buttermilk, then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill to about ½ full.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes at 350°F. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove.
- Once cool fill with the Dulce de Leche.
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge (the recipe for my Cayenne hot fudge is below)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp Lindt chili chocolate bar-chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar until fully combined and looks like wet sand; add the melted chocolate once cooled and mix to combine.
- Mix in eggs and egg yolks one at a time until just combined.
- Mix in oil, vanilla, and sour cream until just combined.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture a little at a time until just combined.
- Add the coffee and mix till combined.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake with 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside on a wire rack and let cool while preparing the filling and buttercream.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
1. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the milk.
2. Add the sugars and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
Friday, July 4, 2014
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sour cream
2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4. Beat the sour cream into the butter mixture till smooth.
5. Beat the flour into the mixture at high speed until it’s well-combined, then spoon into your lined cupcake tray.
6. Bake cupcakes for about 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Put on a wore rack to cool.
For the chocolate ganache:
4 ounce bar of bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Place ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds and then stir till smooth. If chocolate is still not melted microwave in 15 seconds increments and stir inbetween each microwaving.
2. Dip the top of each cupcake into the ganache and place back on wire rack to set.
For the buttercream: