Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 27, August 4, 2014~ Peach Cobbler Cupcakes


Yay! I am all caught up! Now hopefully I can keep it this way! Last week I wanted to do something more seasonal, but I should probably take a small break from coconut, and when I was in the grocery store I saw all the peaches and knew what had to be done! Peach Cobbler Cupcakes! I like pretty much anything peach but it has to be real peach I don't really care for artificial peach or things that rant peach rings but taste like peach rings. So I started with a peach cupcake using cut peaches and peach preserves, then I topped it with a brown sugar cream cheese buttercream and a baked strusel/cobbler topping that reminded me of Cracklin' Oat Bran. It was good but I burnt it a little. This wasn't my favorite cupcake but I did really like it. It was really light and fresh. I just tend to go for the overindulgent chocolate cupcakes...which I am planning for my birthday cupcakes this week! 

This recipe made 16 cupcakes

For the peach cupcakes:
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup peach preserves
  • 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tablespooon flour

  1. Heat oven to 350 and line cupcake liners and set aside.
  2. Mix together the vegetable oil and sugar and then beat in the egg.
  3. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the sugar, Then add half of the milk. Add another 1/3 of the flour, the rest of the milk, then the remaining flour. Mix just until combined. Add the preserves.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the chopped peaches and flour. Fold into the batter. Fill the cupcake tins and bake 17- 20 minutes.
For the brown sugar cream cheese buttercream

  • 1¼ cups light brown sugar
  • ¼ cup cornstarch
  • ½ cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch and confectioner's sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; about 2-3 minutes.  Add the sugar mixture and vanilla and beat until frosting is smooth and light.
  • Chill the bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the frosting can thicken.

  • For the crunchy cobbler topping
    • ½ cup salted butter
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
    • ¾ cup old fashioned oats
    • ½ tsp cinnamon
    • ¼ tsp salt
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the butter.
    3. Cut butter into the mixture with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
    4. Spread mixture evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 20 18 to 20 minutes until dark golden brown.
    5. Remove from oven to cool. Crumble any larger pieces. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment