Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 18, June 2,2014~ White Chocolate Macadamia Nut


Ok let's try this again...I wrote this post last week and somehow it got deleted so I was procrastinating on posting it again but I need to do it now so I can post this weeks cupcakes...Well anyways last week I made white chocolate macadamia nut cupcakes...I am not really sure what made me think of these since I don't eat them that often I'm cookie form. I think I just wanted to try a cupcake that wasn't chocolate or vanilla so I went with white chocolate and macadamia nuts were the first thing I thought of...it also helped that I already had the macadamia nuts. This cupcake was pretty good, not too sweet, the saltiness of the nuts helped offset the sweetness of the cupcake. The frosting was made with coffee creamer, which was interesting, however I found it a little on the artificial side but it was still good. I also tried a different Wilton decorating tip but I wasn't crazy about it. I don't remember which one it was but I know it came in a four pack with other ruffle border tips, and it was kind of funky looking. I liked it more though once I started on the inside instead of the outside.

This recipe makes 12 cupcakes!

For the cupcake:
  1. 1 1/2 cup flour
  2. 1/2 cup white sugar
  3. 1/2 cup brown sugar
  4. 1/2 tsp salt
  5. 1 tsp baking powder
  6. 2 eggs + 1 yolk
  7. 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  8. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  9. 3/4 cup whole milk
  10. 4 oz white chocolate 
  11. 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
  1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan.
  2. Melt white chocolate bar and set aside.
  3. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
  4. In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar. 
  5. Mix in eggs one at a time.
  6. Add milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate until well combined.
  7. Stir in nuts.
  8. Incorporate dry ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes.
  9. Fill cupcakes 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.

For the frosting:

            1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
            4 cups confectioners sugar
            1/3 cups White Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee creamer
             

1. Beat butter on medium speed for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy
2. Gradually add the sugar, beating in between each addition.
3. Mix in the creamer, add more sugar or creamer until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment