This cupcake is basically a chocolate chip cookie dough lovers dream! It is a chocolate cake with a cookie dough center and a cookie dough cream cheese frosting. I could not stop eating this frosting, it was addictive and the best part is that their is obviously no raw egg in it so you can eat all you want and not get sick! (I probably shouldn't encourage that though) The cookie dough center is an eggless cookie dough that is frozen and then baked into the cupcake so that it still is a little doughy but the rest of the cupcake is cooked.
This recipe makes 16 cupcakes!
For the cookie dough center:
For the chocolate cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar until fully combined and looks like wet sand; add the melted chocolate once cooled and mix to combine.
- Mix in eggs and egg yolks one at a time until just combined.
- Mix in oil, vanilla, and sour cream until just combined.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture a little at a time until just combined.
- Add the coffee and mix till combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way and then place a frozen cookie dough ball into the center and press down till covered and bake with 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside on a wire rack and let cool.
For the Cookie Dough Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips